Skip to Content
HCA Midwest Health


If you've been unable to conceive a child within 12 months of actively trying, reproductive endocrinologists may be able to help. To find the source of infertility, endocrinologists check hormonal function and imbalances in men and women. They may order services for you, such as medications, medical procedures or other therapies to aid conception.

Infertility treatments in Kansas City

The reproductive endocrinology and infertility specialists at our facilities are dedicated to helping you start a family.

Infertility does not necessarily have to be a permanent deterrent to you having a child. At HCA Midwest Health, we work with you, your OB/GYN and primary care doctor to understand the full scope of your condition, working to skillfully treat infertility on your journey to conception. We also offer fertility counseling, and can refer you for comprehensive treatment options, such as in-vitro fertilization (IVF).

Related specialties

Learn more about our related specialties.

If you have questions about infertility, talk with your OB/GYN or family practice doctor. For more information about our fertility services, call us at (800) 386-9355.

Infertility treatments

There is not one universal treatment for infertility, as each patient has a unique medical history. There are, however, many fertility therapies available. A specialist will also be able to advise you on your treatment options and their associated risks. Some common infertility treatments include:

  • Drugs/medications
  • Hormone therapies
  • Minimally invasive surgery — to treat complications such as endometriosis
  • Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
  • IVF

When to see a fertility doctor

If you and your partner have been trying to conceive for at least one year without success, you may want to consider talking to a fertility doctor. In some cases, you may need a little more time. In other cases, you may need medical assistance to understand why you are experiencing delays in conception. However, you may want to make an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist (fertility specialist) if you are:

  • Younger than 35 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for a year or longer or
  • Older than 35 years old and have been trying for six months or longer

You may also want to see a fertility specialist if you think you might have "secondary infertility." This condition may be present if you have already given birth and are:

  • Younger than 35 years old and unable to conceive after a year or more of trying or
  • Older than 35 years old and unable to conceive after six months or more of trying

Planning for conception

At HCA Midwest Health, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive women's care, which means caring for you along your journey to conception but also throughout your pregnancy.

When you do conceive, we provide a comprehensive prenatal care, including high–risk pregnancy care. Our specialists are ready to care for you and your unborn baby to help ensure a safe, healthy pregnancy and childbirth experience.

Looking for a location?

We also offer quality care at these other locations in our extended network.
View All Specialty Locations

Our Locations

We didn't find any facilities that matched your search

Please enter a new search using more specific search criteria.